While there are a lot of preventative measures for protecting and extending the lifespan of your asphalt driveway or commercial parking, an underutilized method is pressure washing. This is the process of using high-pressure water to remove mold, grime, dirt, and other debris from a variety of surfaces like asphalt, concrete, wood, and metal. Not only can pressure washing be completed quickly, it enhances your curb appeal drastically, and can be used in both residential and commercial spaces. Here are 6 benefits of pressure washing your asphalt.
- Prevents Long-Term Damage From Natural Growth. If you’ve ever come across a parking lot filled with moss, mildew, and mold, then you’ve seen the natural degradation that comes from untamed growths. By pressure washing your asphalt, you prevent natural growths from getting out of hand and eating away at your asphalt’s surface. This helps protect it from developing cracks, causing walking hazards, or requiring costly repairs.
- It Eliminates Generic Weeds. Even if you don’t have a problem with natural growths like moss, generic weeds like dandelions or crabgrass can grow in tiny cracks, widening them as their roots take hold. When vehicles or walkers step on them, the dirt and potentially seeds is spread across your asphalt, compounding the problem. Pressure washing removes them and allows you to repair the cracks when they are small and inexpensive.
- Say Goodbye to Staining. There is nothing worse than seeing a big old oil stain that’s been left to seep into the pores of your asphalt surface. Nothing but pressure washing is going to get into those pores and break down the oil and grime.
- It Saves You Tons of Money in Future Repairs. If dirt and grime are left to sit on your asphalt, they will eventually erode away the top layers causing the asphalt to pit and crack. By pressure washing regularly, you prevent small cracks from forming and turning into larger ones, saving yourself from expensive repair quotes.
- It’s Environmentally Friendly. Pressure washing doesn’t require the use of harmful chemicals, making it an environmentally friendly cleaning option. If you do require a cleaner, there are numerous bio-friendly options available for use.
- It Primes Your Asphalt for Sealcoating. Pressure washing your asphalt gives it the deep clean it needs prior to sealcoating. By combining pressure washing with sealcoating services, you ensure that the sealcoat barrier adheres properly to your asphalt’s surface, guaranteeing maximum protection.
By pressure washing your asphalt driveway or parking lot on a regular basis, you can avoid costly repairs, boost your curb appeal, and extend the lifespan of your asphalt. Here at DCPLM, we have years of experience in tackling commercial spaces that need pressure washing services, and we are more than happy to help you get started on the right maintenance plan for your property. Give us a call at (407) 618-9646, or send us a message on our website!